- n. A signal fire to notify of the approach of an enemy, or to give any notice, commonly of warning.
- n. A signal or conspicuous mark erected on an eminence near the shore, or moored in shoal water, as a guide to mariners.
- n. A high hill near the shore.
- n. That which gives notice of danger.
- v. t. To give light to, as a beacon; to light up; to illumine.
- v. t. To furnish with a beacon or beacons.
More About beaconPosition in dictionary: 9104 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "beacon": 5
Words that end with "beacon": 1
Words that contain "beacon": 5
Next words in dictionary: beaconage, beaconed, beaconing, beaconless, bead, bead proof, beaded, beadhouse, beading, beadle
Previous words in dictionary: beachy, beaching, beaches, beached, beach comber, beach, be-all, be-, be, bdellomorpha