- prep. In front of; preceding in space; ahead of; as, to stand before the fire; before the house.
- prep. Preceding in time; earlier than; previously to; anterior to the time when; -- sometimes with the additional idea of purpose; in order that.
- prep. An advance of; farther onward, in place or time.
- prep. Prior or preceding in dignity, order, rank, right, or worth; rather than.
- prep. In presence or sight of; face to face with; facing.
- prep. Under the cognizance or jurisdiction of.
- prep. Open for; free of access to; in the power of.
- adv. On the fore part; in front, or in the direction of the front; -- opposed to in the rear.
- adv. In advance.
- adv. In time past; previously; already.
- adv. Earlier; sooner than; until then.
More About beforePosition in dictionary: 9435 of 111710 words.
Word Type: prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., adv., adv., adv., adv.,
Words that start with "before": 3
Words that end with "before": 3
Words that contain "before": 5
Next words in dictionary: beforehand, beforetime, befortune, befoul, befouled
Previous words in dictionary: befooling, befooled, befool, befogging, befogged