- n. One who begs; one who asks or entreats earnestly, or with humility; a petitioner.
- n. One who makes it his business to ask alms.
- n. One who is dependent upon others for support; -- a contemptuous or sarcastic use.
- n. One who assumes in argument what he does not prove.
- v. t. To reduce to beggary; to impoverish; as, he had beggared himself.
- v. t. To cause to seem very poor and inadequate.
More About beggarPosition in dictionary: 9461 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "beggar": 10
Words that end with "beggar": 3
Words that contain "beggar": 12
Next words in dictionary: beggar's lice, beggar's ticks, beggared, beggarhood, beggaring
Previous words in dictionary: beggable, begetting, begetter, beget, begemming