- prep. Lower in place, with something directly over or on; under; underneath; hence, at the foot of.
- prep. Under, in relation to something that is superior, or that oppresses or burdens.
- prep. Lower in rank, dignity, or excellence than; as, brutes are beneath man; man is beneath angels in the scale of beings. Hence: Unworthy of; unbecoming.
- adv. In a lower place; underneath.
- adv. Below, as opposed to heaven, or to any superior region or position; as, in earth beneath.
More About beneathPosition in dictionary: 9765 of 111710 words.
Word Type: prep., prep., prep., adv., adv.,
Words that start with "beneath": 1
Words that end with "beneath": 1
Words that contain "beneath": 1
Next words in dictionary: benedicite, benedick, benedict, benedictine, benediction
Previous words in dictionary: beneaped, bene placito, bene, bendy, bendwise