- prep. In the space which separates; betwixt; as, New York is between Boston and Philadelphia.
- prep. Used in expressing motion from one body or place to another; from one to another of two.
- prep. Belonging in common to two; shared by both.
- prep. Belonging to, or participated in by, two, and involving reciprocal action or affecting their mutual relation; as, opposition between science and religion.
- prep. With relation to two, as involved in an act or attribute of which another is the agent or subject; as, to judge between or to choose between courses; to distinguish between you and me; to mediate between nations.
- prep. In intermediate relation to, in respect to time, quantity, or degree; as, between nine and ten o'clock.
- n. Intermediate time or space; interval.
More About betweenPosition in dictionary: 10182 of 111710 words.
Word Type: prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., n.,
Words that start with "between": 1
Words that end with "between": 2
Words that contain "between": 2
Next words in dictionary: betwixt, beurre, bevel, bevel gear, beveled
Previous words in dictionary: betutored, betutor, betumbled, betumble, betulin