- a. Having a transverse position; placed or situated across; hence, opposite.
- a. Crossing in kind or disposition; perverse; adverse; opposing.
- adv. Across; crosswise; transversely.
- prep. Across; from alde to side of.
- n. That which is overthwart; an adverse circumstance; opposition.
- v. t. To cross; to oppose.
More About overthwartPosition in dictionary: 69841 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., adv., prep., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "overthwart": 3
Words that end with "overthwart": 1
Words that contain "overthwart": 3
Next words in dictionary: overthwartly, overthwartness, overtilt, overtime, overtire
Previous words in dictionary: overthrown, overthrowing, overthrow, overthrew, overtempt