- n. An adherent to a party or faction; esp., one who is strongly and passionately devoted to a party or an interest.
- n. The commander of a body of detached light troops engaged in making forays and harassing an enemy.
- n. Any member of such a corps.
- a. Adherent to a party or faction; especially, having the character of blind, passionate, or unreasonable adherence to a party; as, blinded by partisan zeal.
- a. Serving as a partisan in a detached command; as, a partisan officer or corps.
- n. A kind of halberd or pike; also, a truncheon; a staff.
More About partisanPosition in dictionary: 71450 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., a., a., n.,
Words that start with "partisan": 2
Words that end with "partisan": 1
Words that contain "partisan": 2
Next words in dictionary: partisanship, partita, partite, partition, partitioned
Previous words in dictionary: parting, parties, particulate, particularment, particularly