- n. The quality or state of being popular; especially, the state of being esteemed by, or of being in favor with, the people at large; good will or favor proceeding from the people; as, the popularity of a law, statesman, or a book.
- n. The quality or state of being adapted or pleasing to common, poor, or vulgar people; hence, cheapness; inferiority; vulgarity.
- n. Something which obtains, or is intended to obtain, the favor of the vulgar; claptrap.
- n. The act of courting the favor of the people.
- n. Public sentiment; general passion.
More About popularityPosition in dictionary: 76359 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "popularity": 1
Words that end with "popularity": 1
Words that contain "popularity": 1
Next words in dictionary: popularization, popularize, popularized, popularizer, popularizing
Previous words in dictionary: popularities, populares, popular, populacy, populace