- n. A table or tray strewn with sand, anciently used for drawing, calculating, etc.
- n. A calculating table or frame; an instrument for performing arithmetical calculations by balls sliding on wires, or counters in grooves, the lowest line representing units, the second line, tens, etc. It is still employed in China.
- n. The uppermost member or division of the capital of a column, immediately under the architrave. See Column.
- n. A tablet, panel, or compartment in ornamented or mosaic work.
- n. A board, tray, or table, divided into perforated compartments, for holding cups, bottles, or the like; a kind of cupboard, buffet, or sideboard.
More About abacusPosition in dictionary: 191 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "abacus": 2
Words that end with "abacus": 1
Words that contain "abacus": 2
Next words in dictionary: abacuses, abada, abaddon, abaft, abaisance
Previous words in dictionary: abaculus, abaculi, abactor, abaction, abactinal