- a. To vouch for.
- superl. Fit; adapted; suitable.
- superl. Having sufficient power, strength, force, skill, means, or resources of any kind to accomplish the object; possessed of qualifications rendering competent for some end; competent; qualified; capable; as, an able workman, soldier, seaman, a man able to work; a mind able to reason; a person able to be generous; able to endure pain; able to play on a piano.
- superl. Specially: Having intellectual qualifications, or strong mental powers; showing ability or skill; talented; clever; powerful; as, the ablest man in the senate; an able speech.
- superl. Legally qualified; possessed of legal competence; as, able to inherit or devise property.
- a. To make able; to enable; to strengthen.
More About ablePosition in dictionary: 400 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., superl., superl., superl., superl., a.,
Words that start with "able": 10
Words that end with "able": 1410
Words that contain "able": 1610
Next words in dictionary: able-bodied, able-minded, ablegate, ablegation, ablen
Previous words in dictionary: ablaze, ablaut, ablative, ablatitious, ablation