- n. An absolving, or setting free from guilt, sin, or penalty; forgiveness of an offense.
- n. An acquittal, or sentence of a judge declaring and accused person innocent.
- n. The exercise of priestly jurisdiction in the sacrament of penance, by which Catholics believe the sins of the truly penitent are forgiven.
- n. An absolving from ecclesiastical penalties, -- for example, excommunication.
- n. The form of words by which a penitent is absolved.
- n. Delivery, in speech.
More About absolutionPosition in dictionary: 590 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "absolution": 1
Words that end with "absolution": 1
Words that contain "absolution": 1
Next words in dictionary: absolutism, absolutist, absolutistic, absolutory, absolvable, absolvatory, absolve, absolved, absolvent, absolver
Previous words in dictionary: absoluteness, absolutely, absolute, absistence, absist, absis, absinthium, absinthism, absinthin, absinthic