- v. t. To put to a wrong use; to misapply; to misuse; to put to a bad use; to use for a wrong purpose or end; to pervert; as, to abuse inherited gold; to make an excessive use of; as, to abuse one's authority.
- v. t. To use ill; to maltreat; to act injuriously to; to punish or to tax excessively; to hurt; as, to abuse prisoners, to abuse one's powers, one's patience.
- v. t. To revile; to reproach coarsely; to disparage.
- v. t. To dishonor.
- v. t. To violate; to ravish.
- v. t. To deceive; to impose on.
- v. t. Improper treatment or use; application to a wrong or bad purpose; misuse; as, an abuse of our natural powers; an abuse of civil rights, or of privileges or advantages; an abuse of language.
- v. t. Physical ill treatment; injury.
- v. t. A corrupt practice or custom; offense; crime; fault; as, the abuses in the civil service.
- v. t. Vituperative words; coarse, insulting speech; abusive language; virulent condemnation; reviling.
- v. t. Violation; rape; as, abuse of a female child.
More About abusePosition in dictionary: 676 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "abuse": 4
Words that end with "abuse": 3
Words that contain "abuse": 8
Next words in dictionary: abused, abuseful, abuser, abusing, abusion
Previous words in dictionary: abusage, abusable, aburst, abundantly, abundant