- adv. By the length; in a line with the length; lengthwise.
- adv. In a line, or with a progressive motion; onward; forward.
- adv. In company; together.
- prep. By the length of, as distinguished from across.
- (Now heard only in the prep. phrase along of.)
More About alongPosition in dictionary: 3294 of 111710 words.
Word Type: adv., adv., adv., prep., ,
Words that start with "along": 5
Words that end with "along": 2
Words that contain "along": 7
Next words in dictionary: alongshore, alongshoreman, alongside, alongst, aloof
Previous words in dictionary: aloneness, alonely, alone, alomancy, aloin