- v. t. To fix with power or firmness; to establish; to mark out.
- v. t. To fix by a decree, order, command, resolve, decision, or mutual agreement; to constitute; to ordain; to prescribe; to fix the time and place of.
- v. t. To assign, designate, or set apart by authority.
- v. t. To furnish in all points; to provide with everything necessary by way of equipment; to equip; to fit out.
- v. t. To point at by way, or for the purpose, of censure or commendation; to arraign.
- v. t. To direct, designate, or limit; to make or direct a new disposition of, by virtue of a power contained in a conveyance; -- said of an estate already conveyed.
- v. i. To ordain; to determine; to arrange.
More About appointPosition in dictionary: 5652 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i.,
Words that start with "appoint": 9
Words that end with "appoint": 5
Words that contain "appoint": 20
Next words in dictionary: appointable, appointed, appointee, appointer, appointing, appointive, appointment, appointor, apporter, apportion
Previous words in dictionary: appoggiatura, applying, apply, applotting, applotted, applotment, applot, applique, appliment, applier