- v. i. To come or go near, in place or time; to draw nigh; to advance nearer.
- v. i. To draw near, in a figurative sense; to make advances; to approximate; as, he approaches to the character of the ablest statesman.
- v. t. To bring near; to cause to draw near; to advance.
- v. t. To come near to in place, time, or character; to draw nearer to; as, to approach the city; to approach my cabin; he approached the age of manhood.
- v. t. To take approaches to.
- v. i. The act of drawing near; a coming or advancing near.
- v. i. A access, or opportunity of drawing near.
- v. i. Movements to gain favor; advances.
- v. i. A way, passage, or avenue by which a place or buildings can be approached; an access.
- v. i. The advanced works, trenches, or covered roads made by besiegers in their advances toward a fortress or military post.
- v. i. See Approaching.
More About approachPosition in dictionary: 5720 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. i., v. i., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., v. i., v. i., v. i., v. i., v. i.,
Words that start with "approach": 9
Words that end with "approach": 2
Words that contain "approach": 11
Next words in dictionary: approachability, approachable, approachableness, approached, approacher, approaching, approachless, approachment, approbate, approbation
Previous words in dictionary: apprizer, apprizement, apprize, apprizal, apprising, apprised, apprise, apprest, appressed, apprenticing