- n. An official diviner who foretold events by the singing, chattering, flight, and feeding of birds, or by signs or omens derived from celestial phenomena, certain appearances of quadrupeds, or unusual occurrences.
- n. One who foretells events by omens; a soothsayer; a diviner; a prophet.
- v. i. To conjecture from signs or omens; to prognosticate; to foreshow.
- v. i. To anticipate, to foretell, or to indicate a favorable or an unfavorable issue; as, to augur well or ill.
- v. t. To predict or foretell, as from signs or omens; to betoken; to presage; to infer.
More About augurPosition in dictionary: 7490 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., v. i., v. i., v. t.,
Words that start with "augur": 13
Words that end with "augur": 2
Words that contain "augur": 24
Next words in dictionary: augural, augurate, auguration, augured, augurer, augurial, auguries, auguring, augurist, augurous
Previous words in dictionary: augrim, augmenting, augmenter, augmented, augmentative, augmentation, augmentable, augment, augitic, augite