- a. Destitute of the sense of seeing, either by natural defect or by deprivation; without sight.
- a. Not having the faculty of discernment; destitute of intellectual light; unable or unwilling to understand or judge; as, authors are blind to their own defects.
- a. Undiscerning; undiscriminating; inconsiderate.
- a. Having such a state or condition as a thing would have to a person who is blind; not well marked or easily discernible; hidden; unseen; concealed; as, a blind path; a blind ditch.
- a. Involved; intricate; not easily followed or traced.
- a. Having no openings for light or passage; as, a blind wall; open only at one end; as, a blind alley; a blind gut.
- a. Unintelligible, or not easily intelligible; as, a blind passage in a book; illegible; as, blind writing.
- a. Abortive; failing to produce flowers or fruit; as, blind buds; blind flowers.
- v. t. To make blind; to deprive of sight or discernment.
- v. t. To deprive partially of vision; to make vision difficult for and painful to; to dazzle.
- v. t. To darken; to obscure to the eye or understanding; to conceal; to deceive.
- v. t. To cover with a thin coating of sand and fine gravel; as a road newly paved, in order that the joints between the stones may be filled.
- n. Something to hinder sight or keep out light; a screen; a cover; esp. a hinged screen or shutter for a window; a blinder for a horse.
- n. Something to mislead the eye or the understanding, or to conceal some covert deed or design; a subterfuge.
- n. A blindage. See Blindage.
- n. A halting place.
- n. Alt. of Blinde
More About blindPosition in dictionary: 11196 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., a., a., a., a., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "blind": 16
Words that end with "blind": 12
Words that contain "blind": 28
Next words in dictionary: blindage, blinde, blinded, blinder, blindfish, blindfold, blindfolded, blindfolding, blinding, blindly
Previous words in dictionary: blin, blimbing, blimbi, blightingly, blighting, blighted, blight, blickey, bleynte, bleyme