- v. t. To render obscure by making the form or outline of confused and uncertain, as by soiling; to smear; to make indistinct and confused; as, to blur manuscript by handling it while damp; to blur the impression of a woodcut by an excess of ink.
- v. t. To cause imperfection of vision in; to dim; to darken.
- v. t. To sully; to stain; to blemish, as reputation.
- n. That which obscures without effacing; a stain; a blot, as upon paper or other substance.
- n. A dim, confused appearance; indistinctness of vision; as, to see things with a blur; it was all blur.
- n. A moral stain or blot.
More About blurPosition in dictionary: 11436 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., v. t., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "blur": 7
Words that end with "blur": 1
Words that contain "blur": 7
Next words in dictionary: blurred, blurring, blurry, blurt, blurted, blurting, blush, blushed, blusher, blushet
Previous words in dictionary: bluntness, bluntly, bluntish, blunting, blunted, blunt-witted, blunt, blunging, blunger, blunge