- n. Freedom from motion, agitation, or disturbance; a cessation or absence of that which causes motion or disturbance, as of winds or waves; tranquility; stillness; quiet; serenity.
- n. To make calm; to render still or quiet, as elements; as, to calm the winds.
- n. To deliver from agitation or excitement; to still or soothe, as the mind or passions.
- superl. Not stormy; without motion, as of winds or waves; still; quiet; serene; undisturbed.
- superl. Undisturbed by passion or emotion; not agitated or excited; tranquil; quiet in act or speech.
More About calmPosition in dictionary: 14146 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., superl., superl.,
Words that start with "calm": 8
Words that end with "calm": 3
Words that contain "calm": 12
Next words in dictionary: calmed, calmer, calming, calmly, calmness
Previous words in dictionary: callyciflorous, callus, callow, callous, callot