- n. A son or a daughter; a male or female descendant, in the first degree; the immediate progeny of human parents; -- in law, legitimate offspring. Used also of animals and plants.
- n. A descendant, however remote; -- used esp. in the plural; as, the children of Israel; the children of Edom.
- n. One who, by character of practice, shows signs of relationship to, or of the influence of, another; one closely connected with a place, occupation, character, etc.; as, a child of God; a child of the devil; a child of disobedience; a child of toil; a child of the people.
- n. A noble youth. See Childe.
- n. A young person of either sex. esp. one between infancy and youth; hence, one who exhibits the characteristics of a very young person, as innocence, obedience, trustfulness, limited understanding, etc.
- n. A female infant.
- v. i. To give birth; to produce young.
More About childPosition in dictionary: 16812 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., v. i.,
Words that start with "child": 19
Words that end with "child": 6
Words that contain "child": 24
Next words in dictionary: childbearing, childbed, childbirth, childcrowing, childe
Previous words in dictionary: chilblain, chikara, chigre, chigoe, chignon