- n. Any instrument used to gather or take by dragging; as: (a) A dragnet for taking up oysters, etc., from their beds. (b) A dredging machine. (c) An iron frame, with a fine net attached, used in collecting animals living at the bottom of the sea.
- n. Very fine mineral matter held in suspension in water.
- v. t. To catch or gather with a dredge; to deepen with a dredging machine.
- n. A mixture of oats and barley.
- v. t. To sift or sprinkle flour, etc., on, as on roasting meat.
More About dredgePosition in dictionary: 30315 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., v. t., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "dredge": 3
Words that end with "dredge": 1
Words that contain "dredge": 3
Next words in dictionary: dredged, dredger, dredging, dree, dreg, dregginess, dreggish, dreggy, drein, dreint
Previous words in dictionary: drecche, dreary, drearisome, drearing, dreariness, dreariment, drearily, drearihood, drearihead, drear