- n. Fine, dry particles of earth or other matter, so comminuted that they may be raised and wafted by the wind; that which is crumbled too minute portions; fine powder; as, clouds of dust; bone dust.
- n. A single particle of earth or other matter.
- n. The earth, as the resting place of the dead.
- n. The earthy remains of bodies once alive; the remains of the human body.
- n. Figuratively, a worthless thing.
- n. Figuratively, a low or mean condition.
- n. Gold dust
- n. Coined money; cash.
- v. t. To free from dust; to brush, wipe, or sweep away dust from; as, to dust a table or a floor.
- v. t. To sprinkle with dust.
- v. t. To reduce to a fine powder; to levigate.
More About dustPosition in dictionary: 30876 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "dust": 12
Words that end with "dust": 7
Words that contain "dust": 28
Next words in dictionary: dust-point, dustbrush, dusted, duster, dustiness
Previous words in dictionary: dusky, duskness, duskish, duskiness, duskily