- v. t. To pass off in vapor, as a fluid; to escape and be dissipated, either in visible vapor, or in practice too minute to be visible.
- v. t. To escape or pass off without effect; to be dissipated; to be wasted, as, the spirit of writer often evaporates in the process of translation.
- v. t. To convert from a liquid or solid state into vapor (usually) by the agency of heat; to dissipate in vapor or fumes.
- v. t. To expel moisture from (usually by means of artificial heat), leaving the solid portion; to subject to evaporation; as, to evaporate apples.
- v. t. To give vent to; to dissipate.
- a. Dispersed in vapors.
More About evaporatePosition in dictionary: 35054 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., a.,
Words that start with "evaporate": 2
Words that end with "evaporate": 1
Words that contain "evaporate": 2
Next words in dictionary: evaporated, evaporating, evaporation, evaporator, evaporometer
Previous words in dictionary: evaporaive, evaporable, evanishment, evanish, evanid