- n. A Feigned story or tale, intended to instruct or amuse; a fictitious narration intended to enforce some useful truth or precept; an apologue. See the Note under Apologue.
- n. The plot, story, or connected series of events, forming the subject of an epic or dramatic poem.
- n. Any story told to excite wonder; common talk; the theme of talk.
- n. Fiction; untruth; falsehood.
- v. i. To compose fables; hence, to write or speak fiction ; to write or utter what is not true.
- v. t. To feign; to invent; to devise, and speak of, as true or real; to tell of falsely.
More About fablePosition in dictionary: 36381 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., v. i., v. t.,
Words that start with "fable": 3
Words that end with "fable": 7
Words that contain "fable": 11
Next words in dictionary: fabled, fabler, fabliau, fabliaux, fabling, fabric, fabricant, fabricate, fabricated, fabricating
Previous words in dictionary: fabian, fabellae, fabella, fabaceous, faair-spoken, fa, f, eysell, eyry, eyries