- n. One who transacts business for another; an agent; a substitute; especially, a mercantile agent who buys and sells goods and transacts business for others in commission; a commission merchant or consignee. He may be a home factor or a foreign factor. He may buy and sell in his own name, and he is intrusted with the possession and control of the goods; and in these respects he differs from a broker.
- n. A steward or bailiff of an estate.
- n. One of the elements or quantities which, when multiplied together, from a product.
- n. One of the elements, circumstances, or influences which contribute to produce a result; a constituent.
- v. t. To resolve (a quantity) into its factors.
More About factorPosition in dictionary: 36446 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "factor": 12
Words that end with "factor": 5
Words that contain "factor": 23
Next words in dictionary: factorage, factored, factoress, factorial, factories, factoring, factorize, factorized, factorizing, factorship
Previous words in dictionary: facto, factive, factitive, factitious, factious, factionist, factioner, factionary, faction, facta