- a. Preceding all others of a series or kind; the ordinal of one; earliest; as, the first day of a month; the first year of a reign.
- a. Foremost; in front of, or in advance of, all others.
- a. Most eminent or exalted; most excellent; chief; highest; as, Demosthenes was the first orator of Greece.
- adv. Before any other person or thing in time, space, rank, etc.; -- much used in composition with adjectives and participles.
- n. The upper part of a duet, trio, etc., either vocal or instrumental; -- so called because it generally expresses the air, and has a preeminence in the combined effect.
More About firstPosition in dictionary: 37918 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., adv., n.,
Words that start with "first": 7
Words that end with "first": 3
Words that contain "first": 9
Next words in dictionary: first-class, first-hand, first-rate, firstborn, firstling
Previous words in dictionary: firry, firring, firms, firmness, firmly