- v. i. Journey; way; method of proceeding.
- adv. In the part that precedes or goes first; -- opposed to aft, after, back, behind, etc.
- adv. Formerly; previously; afore.
- adv. In or towards the bows of a ship.
- adv. Advanced, as compared with something else; toward the front; being or coming first, in time, place, order, or importance; preceding; anterior; antecedent; earlier; forward; -- opposed to back or behind; as, the fore part of a garment; the fore part of the day; the fore and of a wagon.
- n. The front; hence, that which is in front; the future.
- prep. Before; -- sometimes written 'fore as if a contraction of afore or before.
More About forePosition in dictionary: 39037 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. i., adv., adv., adv., adv., n., prep.,
Words that start with "fore": 216
Words that end with "fore": 11
Words that contain "fore": 256
Next words in dictionary: fore part, fore teeth, fore tooth, fore-night, fore-topgallant
Previous words in dictionary: fordwine, fordry, fordrunken, fordrive, fordone