- n. Against; near by; towards; as, gin night.
- conj. If.
- v. i. To begin; -- often followed by an infinitive without to; as, gan tell. See Gan.
- n. A strong alcoholic liquor, distilled from rye and barley, and flavored with juniper berries; -- also called Hollands and Holland gin, because originally, and still very extensively, manufactured in Holland. Common gin is usually flavored with turpentine.
- n. Contrivance; artifice; a trap; a snare.
- n. A machine for raising or moving heavy weights, consisting of a tripod formed of poles united at the top, with a windlass, pulleys, ropes, etc.
- n. A hoisting drum, usually vertical; a whim.
- n. A machine for separating the seeds from cotton; a cotton gin.
- v. t. To catch in a trap.
- v. t. To clear of seeds by a machine; as, to gin cotton.
More About ginPosition in dictionary: 41873 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., conj., v. i., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "gin": 28
Words that end with "gin": 16
Words that contain "gin": 499
Next words in dictionary: ging, gingal, ginger, gingerbread, gingerly
Previous words in dictionary: gimp, gimmor, gimmer, gimmal, gimleting