- v. Glad tidings; especially, the good news concerning Christ, the Kingdom of God, and salvation.
- v. One of the four narratives of the life and death of Jesus Christ, written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
- v. A selection from one of the gospels, for use in a religious service; as, the gospel for the day.
- v. Any system of religious doctrine; sometimes, any system of political doctrine or social philosophy; as, this political gospel.
- v. Anything propounded or accepted as infallibly true; as, they took his words for gospel.
- a. Accordant with, or relating to, the gospel; evangelical; as, gospel righteousness.
- v. t. To instruct in the gospel.
More About gospelPosition in dictionary: 42766 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v., v., v., v., v., a., v. t.,
Words that start with "gospel": 5
Words that end with "gospel": 2
Words that contain "gospel": 6
Next words in dictionary: gospeler, gospelize, gospelized, gospelizing, goss, gossamer, gossamery, gossan, gossaniferous, gossaries
Previous words in dictionary: gosling, goslet, gosherd, goshawk, gory, gorse, goroon shell, gormandizing, gormandizer, gormandized