- n. A rope, chain, or rod attached to anything to steady it; as: a rope to steady or guide an object which is being hoisted or lowered; a rope which holds in place the end of a boom, spar, or yard in a ship; a chain or wire rope connecting a suspension bridge with the land on either side to prevent lateral swaying; a rod or rope attached to the top of a structure, as of a derrick, and extending obliquely to the ground, where it is fastened.
- v. t. To steady or guide with a guy.
- n. A grotesque effigy, like that of Guy Fawkes, dressed up in England on the fifth of November, the day of the Gunpowder Plot.
- n. A person of queer looks or dress.
- v. t. To fool; to baffle; to make (a person) an object of ridicule.
More About guyPosition in dictionary: 43893 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., v. t., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "guy": 4
Words that end with "guy": 6
Words that contain "guy": 9
Next words in dictionary: guyed, guying, guyle, guze, guzzle
Previous words in dictionary: gutwort, gutty, gutturo-, gutturize, gutturine