- pron. Them
- interj. An onomatopoetic word used as an expression of hesitation, doubt, etc. It is often a sort of voluntary half cough, loud or subdued, and would perhaps be better expressed by hm.
- n. An utterance or sound of the voice, hem or hm, often indicative of hesitation or doubt, sometimes used to call attention.
- v. i. To make the sound expressed by the word hem; hence, to hesitate in speaking.
- n. The edge or border of a garment or cloth, doubled over and sewed, to strengthen raveling.
- n. Border; edge; margin.
- n. A border made on sheet-metal ware by doubling over the edge of the sheet, to stiffen it and remove the sharp edge.
- v. t. To form a hem or border to; to fold and sew down the edge of.
- v. t. To border; to edge
More About hemPosition in dictionary: 45419 of 111710 words.
Word Type: pron., interj., n., v. i., n., n., n., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "hem": 138
Words that end with "hem": 13
Words that contain "hem": 321
Next words in dictionary: hema-, hemachate, hemachrome, hemacite, hemadrometer
Previous words in dictionary: helvite, helving, helvine, helvetic, helvetian