- v. t. To conceal, or withdraw from sight; to put out of view; to secrete.
- v. t. To withhold from knowledge; to keep secret; to refrain from avowing or confessing.
- v. t. To remove from danger; to shelter.
- v. i. To lie concealed; to keep one's self out of view; to be withdrawn from sight or observation.
- n. An abode or dwelling.
- n. A measure of land, common in Domesday Book and old English charters, the quantity of which is not well ascertained, but has been differently estimated at 80, 100, and 120 acres.
- n. The skin of an animal, either raw or dressed; -- generally applied to the undressed skins of the larger domestic animals, as oxen, horses, etc.
- n. The human skin; -- so called in contempt.
- v. t. To flog; to whip.
More About hidePosition in dictionary: 46091 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., n., n., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "hide": 5
Words that end with "hide": 26
Words that contain "hide": 47
Next words in dictionary: hidebound, hided, hideous, hider, hiding, hie, hied, hiems, hierapicra, hierarch
Previous words in dictionary: hiddenly, hiddenite, hidden, hidalgo, hidage, hid, hickway, hickwall, hickup, hicksite