- n. A box, basket, or other structure, for the reception and habitation of a swarm of honeybees.
- n. The bees of one hive; a swarm of bees.
- n. A place swarming with busy occupants; a crowd.
- v. t. To collect into a hive; to place in, or cause to enter, a hive; as, to hive a swarm of bees.
- v. t. To store up in a hive, as honey; hence, to gather and accumulate for future need; to lay up in store.
- v. i. To take shelter or lodgings together; to reside in a collective body.
More About hivePosition in dictionary: 46408 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. i.,
Words that start with "hive": 5
Words that end with "hive": 8
Words that contain "hive": 20
Next words in dictionary: hived, hiveless, hiver, hives, hiving
Previous words in dictionary: hitting, hitter, hitherward, hitherto, hithermost