- a. Of or pertaining to an empire, or to an emperor; as, an imperial government; imperial authority or edict.
- a. Belonging to, or suitable to, supreme authority, or one who wields it; royal; sovereign; supreme.
- a. Of superior or unusual size or excellence; as, imperial paper; imperial tea, etc.
- n. The tuft of hair on a man's lower lip and chin; -- so called from the style of beard of Napoleon III.
- n. An outside seat on a diligence.
- n. A luggage case on the top of a coach.
- n. Anything of unusual size or excellence, as a large decanter, a kind of large photograph, a large sheet of drowing, printing, or writing paper, etc.
- n. A gold coin of Russia worth ten rubles, or about eight dollars.
- n. A kind of fine cloth brought into England from Greece. or other Eastern countries, in the Middle Ages.
More About imperialPosition in dictionary: 49126 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., n., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "imperial": 9
Words that end with "imperial": 2
Words that contain "imperial": 10
Next words in dictionary: imperialism, imperialist, imperialities, imperiality, imperialize
Previous words in dictionary: imperforation, imperforated, imperforate, imperforata, imperforable