- a. Invested with office; inaugurated.
- v. t. To introduce or induct into an office with suitable ceremonies or solemnities; to invest with power or authority in a formal manner; to install; as, to inaugurate a president; to inaugurate a king.
- v. t. To cause to begin, esp. with formality or solemn ceremony; hence, to set in motion, action, or progress; to initiate; -- used especially of something of dignity or worth or public concern; as, to inaugurate a new era of things, new methods, etc.
- v. t. To celebrate the completion of, or the first public use of; to dedicate, as a statue.
- v. t. To begin with good omens.
More About inauguratePosition in dictionary: 49666 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "inaugurate": 2
Words that end with "inaugurate": 2
Words that contain "inaugurate": 3
Next words in dictionary: inaugurated, inaugurating, inauguration, inaugurator, inauguratory
Previous words in dictionary: inaugural, inaugur, inaudible, inaudibility, inattentive