- prep. To the inside of; within. It is used in a variety of applications.
- prep. Expressing entrance, or a passing from the outside of a thing to its interior parts; -- following verbs expressing motion; as, come into the house; go into the church; one stream falls or runs into another; water enters into the fine vessels of plants.
- prep. Expressing penetration beyond the outside or surface, or access to the inside, or contents; as, to look into a letter or book; to look into an apartment.
- prep. Indicating insertion; as, to infuse more spirit or animation into a composition.
- prep. Denoting inclusion; as, put these ideas into other words.
- prep. Indicating the passing of a thing from one form, condition, or state to another; as, compound substances may be resolved into others which are more simple; ice is convertible into water, and water into vapor; men are more easily drawn than forced into compliance; we may reduce many distinct substances into one mass; men are led by evidence into belief of truth, and are often enticed into the commission of crimes'into; she burst into tears; children are sometimes frightened into fits; all persons are liable to be seduced into error and folly.
More About intoPosition in dictionary: 52720 of 111710 words.
Word Type: prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., prep.,
Words that start with "into": 32
Words that end with "into": 8
Words that contain "into": 53
Next words in dictionary: intolerability, intolerable, intolerance, intolerancy, intolerant
Previous words in dictionary: intituling, intituled, intitule, intitle, intirely