- pron. The neuter pronoun of the third person, corresponding to the masculine pronoun he and the feminine she, and having the same plural (they, their or theirs, them).
- pron. As a substance for any noun of the neuter gender; as, here is the book, take it home.
- pron. As a demonstrative, especially at the beginning of a sentence, pointing to that which is about to be stated, named, or mentioned, or referring to that which apparent or well known; as, I saw it was John.
- pron. As an indefinite nominative for a impersonal verb; as, it snows; it rains.
- pron. As a substitute for such general terms as, the state of affairs, the condition of things, and the like; as, how is it with the sick man?
- pron. As an indefinite object after some intransitive verbs, or after a substantive used humorously as a verb; as, to foot it (i. e., to walk).
More About itPosition in dictionary: 53613 of 111710 words.
Word Type: pron., pron., pron., pron., pron., pron.,
Words that start with "it": 54
Words that end with "it": 349
Words that contain "it": 7204
Next words in dictionary: ita palm, itacism, itacist, itacolumite, itaconic
Previous words in dictionary: isuret, istle, isthmuses, isthmus, isthmian