- n. One of the bones, usually bearing teeth, which form the framework of the mouth.
- n. Hence, also, the bone itself with the teeth and covering.
- n. In the plural, the mouth.
- n. Fig.: Anything resembling the jaw of an animal in form or action; esp., pl., the mouth or way of entrance; as, the jaws of a pass; the jaws of darkness; the jaws of death.
- n. A notch or opening.
- n. A notched or forked part, adapted for holding an object in place; as, the jaw of a railway-car pedestal. See Axle guard.
- n. One of a pair of opposing parts which are movable towards or from each other, for grasping or crushing anything between them, as, the jaws of a vise, or the jaws of a stone-crushing machine.
- n. The inner end of a boom or gaff, hollowed in a half circle so as to move freely on a mast.
- n. Impudent or abusive talk.
- v. i. To scold; to clamor.
- v. t. To assail or abuse by scolding.
More About jawPosition in dictionary: 53918 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. i., v. t.,
Words that start with "jaw": 8
Words that end with "jaw": 4
Words that contain "jaw": 13
Next words in dictionary: jaw-fallen, jawbone, jawed, jawfoot, jawing
Previous words in dictionary: javelinier, javelin, javel, javanese, java