- n. A kiln.
- n. A channel or arm of the sea; a river; a stream; as, the channel between Staten Island and Bergen Neck is the Kill van Kull, or the Kills; -- used also in composition; as, Schuylkill, Catskill, etc.
- v. t. To deprive of life, animal or vegetable, in any manner or by any means; to render inanimate; to put to death; to slay.
- v. t. To destroy; to ruin; as, to kill one's chances; to kill the sale of a book.
- v. t. To cause to cease; to quell; to calm; to still; as, in seamen's language, a shower of rain kills the wind.
- v. t. To destroy the effect of; to counteract; to neutralize; as, alkali kills acid.
More About killPosition in dictionary: 54887 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "kill": 13
Words that end with "kill": 4
Words that contain "kill": 29
Next words in dictionary: kill-joy, killdee, killdeer, killed, killer
Previous words in dictionary: kilderkin, kike, kieve, kieserite, kieselguhr