- v. t. & i. To bring forth young.
- v. t. To set on fire; to cause to burn with flame; to ignite; to cause to begin burning; to start; to light; as, to kindle a match, or shavings.
- v. t. Fig.: To inflame, as the passions; to rouse; to provoke; to excite to action; to heat; to fire; to animate; to incite; as, to kindle anger or wrath; to kindle the flame of love, or love into a flame.
- v. i. To take fire; to begin to burn with flame; to start as a flame.
- v. i. Fig.: To begin to be excited; to grow warm or animated; to be roused or exasperated.
More About kindlePosition in dictionary: 54934 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t. & i., v. t., v. t., v. i., v. i.,
Words that start with "kindle": 4
Words that end with "kindle": 5
Words that contain "kindle": 10
Next words in dictionary: kindled, kindler, kindless, kindliness, kindling, kindly, kindness, kindred, kine, kinematic
Previous words in dictionary: kinding, kindergartner, kindergarten, kind-heartedness, kind-hearted, kind, kincob, kinate, kinaesthesis, kinaesodic