- v. i. To send out leaves; to leaf; -- often with out.
- v. t. To raise; to levy.
- n. Liberty granted by which restraint or illegality is removed; permission; allowance; license.
- n. The act of leaving or departing; a formal parting; a leaving; farewell; adieu; -- used chiefly in the phrase, to take leave, i. e., literally, to take permission to go.
- v. To withdraw one's self from; to go away from; to depart from; as, to leave the house.
- v. To let remain unremoved or undone; to let stay or continue, in distinction from what is removed or changed.
- v. To cease from; to desist from; to abstain from.
- v. To desert; to abandon; to forsake; hence, to give up; to relinquish.
- v. To let be or do without interference; as, I left him to his reflections; I leave my hearers to judge.
- v. To put; to place; to deposit; to deliver; to commit; to submit -- with a sense of withdrawing one's self from; as, leave your hat in the hall; we left our cards; to leave the matter to arbitrators.
- v. To have remaining at death; hence, to bequeath; as, he left a large estate; he left a good name; he left a legacy to his niece.
- v. i. To depart; to set out.
- v. i. To cease; to desist; to leave off.
More About leavePosition in dictionary: 56531 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. i., v. t., n., n., v., v., v., v., v., v., v., v. i., v. i.,
Words that start with "leave": 10
Words that end with "leave": 7
Words that contain "leave": 30
Next words in dictionary: leave-taking, leaved, leaveless, leaven, leavened, leavening, leavenous, leaver, leaves, leaviness
Previous words in dictionary: leathery, leatherwood, leatherneck, leathern, leathering, leatherhead, leatherette, leatheret, leathered, leatherback