- n. A torch made of tow and pitch, or the like.
- n. A single ring or division of a chain.
- n. Hence: Anything, whether material or not, which binds together, or connects, separate things; a part of a connected series; a tie; a bond.
- n. Anything doubled and closed like a link; as, a link of horsehair.
- n. Any one of the several elementary pieces of a mechanism, as the fixed frame, or a rod, wheel, mass of confined liquid, etc., by which relative motion of other parts is produced and constrained.
- n. Any intermediate rod or piece for transmitting force or motion, especially a short connecting rod with a bearing at each end; specifically (Steam Engine), the slotted bar, or connecting piece, to the opposite ends of which the eccentric rods are jointed, and by means of which the movement of the valve is varied, in a link motion.
- n. The length of one joint of Gunter's chain, being the hundredth part of it, or 7.92 inches, the chain being 66 feet in length. Cf. Chain, n., 4.
- n. A bond of affinity, or a unit of valence between atoms; -- applied to a unit of chemical force or attraction.
- n. Sausages; -- because linked together.
- v. t. To connect or unite with a link or as with a link; to join; to attach; to unite; to couple.
- v. i. To be connected.
More About linkPosition in dictionary: 57516 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. i.,
Words that start with "link": 8
Words that end with "link": 13
Words that contain "link": 35
Next words in dictionary: link motion, linkage, linkboy, linked, linking, linkman, linkwork, linnaea borealis, linnaean, linnaeite
Previous words in dictionary: lining, liniment, linigerous, lingulate, lingula, linguistics, linguistically, linguistical, linguistic, linguist