- a. That premise which contains the major term. It its the first proposition of a regular syllogism; as: No unholy person is qualified for happiness in heaven [the major]. Every man in his natural state is unholy [minor]. Therefore, no man in his natural state is qualified for happiness in heaven [conclusion or inference].
- a. A mayor.
- a. Greater in number, quantity, or extent; as, the major part of the assembly; the major part of the revenue; the major part of the territory.
- a. Of greater dignity; more important.
- a. Of full legal age.
- a. Greater by a semitone, either in interval or in difference of pitch from another tone.
- a. An officer next in rank above a captain and next below a lieutenant colonel; the lowest field officer.
- a. A person of full age.
More About majorPosition in dictionary: 59295 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., a., a., a., a.,
Words that start with "major": 10
Words that end with "major": 5
Words that contain "major": 14
Next words in dictionary: major general, major-domo, majorat, majorate, majoration, majorcan, majorities, majority, majorship, majoun
Previous words in dictionary: majolica, majesty, majesties, majesticness, majestical, majestic, majestatic, majestatal, maize, maithes