- v. t. To imitate; to mimic; esp., to mimic in sport, contempt, or derision; to deride by mimicry.
- v. t. To treat with scorn or contempt; to deride.
- v. t. To disappoint the hopes of; to deceive; to tantalize; as, to mock expectation.
- v. i. To make sport contempt or in jest; to speak in a scornful or jeering manner.
- n. An act of ridicule or derision; a scornful or contemptuous act or speech; a sneer; a jibe; a jeer.
- n. Imitation; mimicry.
- a. Imitating reality, but not real; false; counterfeit; assumed; sham.
More About mockPosition in dictionary: 62956 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., n., n., a.,
Words that start with "mock": 15
Words that end with "mock": 10
Words that contain "mock": 30
Next words in dictionary: mockable, mockado, mockadour, mockage, mockbird, mocked, mocker, mockeries, mockery, mocking
Previous words in dictionary: mochila, mochel, moche, mocha, moccasined, moccasin, mobocratic, mobocrat, mobocracy, mobles