- n. An ultimate atom, or simple, unextended point; something ultimate and indivisible.
- n. The elementary and indestructible units which were conceived of as endowed with the power to produce all the changes they undergo, and thus determine all physical and spiritual phenomena.
- n. One of the smallest flangellate Infusoria; esp., the species of the genus Monas, and allied genera.
- n. A simple, minute organism; a primary cell, germ, or plastid.
- n. An atom or radical whose valence is one, or which can combine with, be replaced by, or exchanged for, one atom of hydrogen.
More About monadPosition in dictionary: 63217 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "monad": 9
Words that end with "monad": 1
Words that contain "monad": 10
Next words in dictionary: monadaria, monadelphia, monadelphian, monadelphous, monadic, monadical, monadiform, monadology, monal, monamide
Previous words in dictionary: monacid, monachism, monachal, mona, mon-, momus, momot, mommery, momier, momentums