- n. The part of an animal which connects the head and the trunk, and which, in man and many other animals, is more slender than the trunk.
- n. Any part of an inanimate object corresponding to or resembling the neck of an animal
- n. The long slender part of a vessel, as a retort, or of a fruit, as a gourd.
- n. A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- n. That part of a violin, guitar, or similar instrument, which extends from the head to the body, and on which is the finger board or fret board.
- n. A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a groove around it; as, a neck forming the journal of a shaft.
- n. the point where the base of the stem of a plant arises from the root.
- v. t. To reduce the diameter of (an object) near its end, by making a groove around it; -- used with down; as, to neck down a shaft.
- v. t. & i. To kiss and caress amorously.
More About neckPosition in dictionary: 65293 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t. & i.,
Words that start with "neck": 17
Words that end with "neck": 9
Words that contain "neck": 36
Next words in dictionary: neckar nut, neckband, neckcloth, necked, neckerchief
Previous words in dictionary: necessity, necessitude, necessitous, necessities, necessitied