- n. The bed or receptacle prepared by a fowl for holding her eggs and for hatching and rearing her young.
- n. Hence: the place in which the eggs of other animals, as insects, turtles, etc., are laid and hatched; a snug place in which young animals are reared.
- n. A snug, comfortable, or cozy residence or situation; a retreat, or place of habitual resort; hence, those who occupy a nest, frequent a haunt, or are associated in the same pursuit; as, a nest of traitors; a nest of bugs.
- n. An aggregated mass of any ore or mineral, in an isolated state, within a rock.
- n. A collection of boxes, cases, or the like, of graduated size, each put within the one next larger.
- n. A compact group of pulleys, gears, springs, etc., working together or collectively.
- v. i. To build and occupy a nest.
- v. t. To put into a nest; to form a nest for.
More About nestPosition in dictionary: 65636 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., v. i., v. t.,
Words that start with "nest": 9
Words that end with "nest": 16
Words that contain "nest": 62
Next words in dictionary: nestful, nestfuls, nestle, nestled, nestling
Previous words in dictionary: nesslerize, ness, nesh, nese, nescience