- a. Being a single unit, or entire being or thing, and no more; not multifold; single; individual.
- a. Denoting a person or thing conceived or spoken of indefinitely; a certain. "I am the sister of one Claudio" [Shak.], that is, of a certain man named Claudio.
- a. Pointing out a contrast, or denoting a particular thing or person different from some other specified; -- used as a correlative adjective, with or without the.
- a. Closely bound together; undivided; united; constituting a whole.
- a. Single in kind; the same; a common.
- a. Single; inmarried.
- n. A single unit; as, one is the base of all numbers.
- n. A symbol representing a unit, as 1, or i.
- n. A single person or thing.
- indef. pron. Any person, indefinitely; a person or body; as, what one would have well done, one should do one's self.
- v. t. To cause to become one; to gather into a single whole; to unite; to assimilite.
More About onePosition in dictionary: 67908 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., a., a., n., n., n., indef. pron., v. t.,
Words that start with "one": 27
Words that end with "one": 355
Words that contain "one": 953
Next words in dictionary: one-hand, one-horse, one-sided, oneberry, oneidas
Previous words in dictionary: onde, oncotomy, oncometer, oncograph, oncidium