- n. The act or process of operating; agency; the exertion of power, physical, mechanical, or moral.
- n. The method of working; mode of action.
- n. That which is operated or accomplished; an effect brought about in accordance with a definite plan; as, military or naval operations.
- n. Effect produced; influence.
- n. Something to be done; some transformation to be made upon quantities, the transformation being indicated either by rules or symbols.
- n. Any methodical action of the hand, or of the hand with instruments, on the human body, to produce a curative or remedial effect, as in amputation, etc.
More About operationPosition in dictionary: 68082 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "operation": 1
Words that end with "operation": 5
Words that contain "operation": 5
Next words in dictionary: operative, operatively, operator, operatory, opercle, opercula, opercular, operculate, operculated, operculiferous
Previous words in dictionary: operating, operatical, operatic, operated, operate, operant, operand, operancy, operance, operameter