- n. The inner and somewhat concave part of the hand between the bases of the fingers and the wrist.
- n. A lineal measure equal either to the breadth of the hand or to its length from the wrist to the ends of the fingers; a hand; -- used in measuring a horse's height.
- n. A metallic disk, attached to a strap, and worn the palm of the hand, -- used to push the needle through the canvas, in sewing sails, etc.
- n. The broad flattened part of an antler, as of a full-grown fallow deer; -- so called as resembling the palm of the hand with its protruding fingers.
- n. The flat inner face of an anchor fluke.
- n. Any endogenous tree of the order Palmae or Palmaceae; a palm tree.
- n. A branch or leaf of the palm, anciently borne or worn as a symbol of victory or rejoicing.
- n. Any symbol or token of superiority, success, or triumph; also, victory; triumph; supremacy.
- v. t. To handle.
- v. t. To manipulate with, or conceal in, the palm of the hand; to juggle.
- v. t. To impose by fraud, as by sleight of hand; to put by unfair means; -- usually with off.
More About palmPosition in dictionary: 70494 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "palm": 40
Words that end with "palm": 11
Words that contain "palm": 60
Next words in dictionary: palm sunday, palma christi, palmaceous, palmacite, palmar
Previous words in dictionary: pallor, pallone, pallometa, palliums, pallium